[Nfbaz-talk] Assisting the March for Independence in Detroit

Bowman, Kristi KBowman at nfb.org
Fri Feb 27 20:52:32 UTC 2009

Greetings:

Do you have a friend, business associate, old
high school buddy, or family member in the
Detroit metro area? If you do, please let me know
about them. As we approach our national
convention in Detroit, we are again working to
make our annual March for Independence – A Walk
for Opportunity an extraordinary success. One of
the ways we have found to be very effective is to
seek the support of local political, community,
civic, and corporate leaders. Our Michigan
affiliate is already working hard to do this.
Noor Allain, Kristi Bowman, and myself are also
spending time in Detroit. We are still developing
the route, we are still seeking community leaders
to serve as co-chairs for the event, we are
looking for imaginative ideas to make the event
empowering and distinctive, and we are seeking
financial sponsors. So search your memories. If
you have an uncle who is a marketing director, a
cousin who works for traffic engineering, a
friend of a friend who is the president of the
downtown Lions Club, and so on and so forth.
Please let me know. No idea is too silly. Some
won't work out, but I'd rather have them. Send me
an e-mail please or call my office at (866)
543-6808. We will be in Detroit next week,
working with our Michigan affiliate leadership,
the Chamber of Commerce, the Convention and
Visitors Bureau, and others. Thank you and stay imagining.

At Your Service,

Kevan Worley
CEO,Worley Enterprises
kevanworley at blindmerchants.org