[Nfbaz-talk] Lend your time to lend a hand: Help spread the word about NFB-NEWSLINE® at National Convention!

West, Renee RWest at nfb.org
Fri Jun 12 04:03:24 UTC 2009

Greetings fellow Federationists:<?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As you are surely aware, the NFB national
convention is rapidly approaching, and so before
everyone’s schedule is entirely packed I wanted
to write to you to ask for your assistance.  As
this is the first convention since launching
NFB-NEWSLINE® Online (Web site:
www.nfbnewslineonline.org), we wanted to seize
this occasion to afford convention attendees with
an opportunity to become familiar with our new
features, including Web News on Demand and
NFB-NEWSLINE® In Your Pocket.  To aid us in this
effort, in addition to our two tables at the
exhibit hall, the NFB-NEWSLINE® team has arranged
for a suite (accommodating up to 25 people) that
will allow for hands-on demonstrations of our
newest online initiatives.  This great effort to
promote the service to convention attendees means
that we are in great need of a great many pair of
hands to help us out!  Our suite will be
available for 28 hours of walk-in traffic and our
tables in the exhibit hall will need to be
staffed for 23 hours--that’s a total of 51
hours!  We are looking for support from our
members who are familiar with the NFB-NEWSLINE®
service; our volunteers will be asked to assist
visitors in many ways; by providing information,
handing out literature and helping sign up new
subscribers, and demonstrating the service’s
features.  I would very much appreciate it if you
would take some time during the convention to
assist us in promoting and demonstrating the
service to convention attendees.  Please also ask
others in your affiliate who you know use
NFB-NEWSLINE® to volunteer their time as
well   In return, you'll provide a valuable
service and receive prodigious thanks!

Please send me an e-mail indicating your interest
in volunteering during convention.  My e-mail
address is <mailto:rwest at nfb.org>rwest at nfb.org
and my inbox can accept a lot of entries!

If you have questions, you may also reach me by
phone at (410) 659-9314, extension 2411.

Thank you for your time and for your attention to this matter.

Renee West, Marketing and Outreach Manager

NFB-NEWSLINE®

Renee West
Manager, Marketing and Outreach
Sponsored Technology Programs