[Nfbaz-talk] Volunteer Opportunity at National Convention

Weber, Laura B HS Laura.Weber at hs.utc.com
Thu Jun 18 02:16:09 UTC 2009

I'm looking for volunteers...

Carol Castellano has asked me to coordinate the "A Universally Fun
Time" session which will occur Monday, July 6, from 7:00-10:00 at the
NFB national convention in Detroit.  Noreen Grice, the presenter,
needs 21 volunteers: 8 for the Tactile Jupiter Activity and 13 for
the Solar System Tour.   So far, I have 3 volunteers. The session is:

A Universally Fun Time
drop-in session for ages 5 - 13
Monday, July 6, 7:00 - 10:00 pm
Cascade D, Courtyard Marriott

We will need volunteers to arrive early for set up and to stay late
for clean up.  We can get more details and exact times to volunteers
when we have their contact information, but a good estimate would be
6:30 - 10:30 p.m.  Everyone will need to be at the briefing, but not
everyone will have to stay to clean up.  We may also meet for about
30 minutes sometime during the day of the session so that Noreen can
brief volunteers.

I will be there, along with the co-coordinator, Stephanie
Kieszak-Holloway, but I'd still like 21 dedicated volunteers, so that
she and I can be available to run around as needed.

Please let me know if you'd like to volunteer or if you know someone
who might. My e-mail is weberfam07 at comcast.net.

Thanks!

Laura Weber

"Weber, Laura B            HS" <Laura.Weber at hs.utc.com>