[Nfbaz-talk] Western regional seminar

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Tue Feb 28 18:43:02 UTC 2017

Hello NFB of Arizona,

This is Bryan Duarte the president of the Arizona Students division. This year the National Association of Blind Students and the Colorado Association of Blind Students have collaborated to bring the first ever Western Regional Seminar to us. The Arizona affiliate along with the Arizona Association of Blind Students have allocated $500.00 to assist Arizona students to attend the seminar. If you are a student currently residing in Arizona and you would like to attend the seminar please send me an email so we can discuss further. Thank you and we look forward to supporting you.

bjduarte at asu.edu <mailto:bjduarte at asu.edu>

 This March, the Colorado Center for the Blind, National Association of Blind Students, and the Colorado student division are collaborating to host an incredible western regional student seminar! We are excited to have many students from several states join us in beautiful Denver, Colorado.

Below, you will find more information regarding the seminar. Attached to this message, please find a flier with similar information.

What: The 2017 Western Regional Student Seminar
The Strength of Confidence
When: Friday, March 10 and Saturday, March 11, 2017
Where: Colorado Center for the Blind, Littleton, Colorado

THE STRENGTH OF CONFIDENCE
2017 Western Regional Student Seminar

Want to connect with other blind students? The Western Regional seminar is the place to do it.
The Colorado Center for the Blind, National Association of Blind Students, and the Colorado Association of Blind Students is hosting a seminar in beautiful Colorado in March 2017.

Topics to learn about include:
·         Networking
·         Advocacy
·         Fitness&Wellness
·         Legislation
·         Career opportunities
·         College preparation and admission
·         College and career resources
·         Teamwork
·         Leadership
·         Confidence building

Kick off the weekend with a college and career fair on Friday, March 10, at 10 AM at the Colorado Center for the Blind (CCB,) followed by a social event in downtown Denver. Wake up bright and early on Saturday morning for some invigorating yoga and get ready for an engaging and interactive day of networking and learning. We will end our weekend Saturday night with some exciting food and fun downtown, getting good practice with public transit!

To reserve a spot at this year’s Western Seminar,
Email Kathryn Webster at nabs.president at gmail.com <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com>

To reserve your hotel room, contact:
Hampton In and Suites
Phone:  303-794-1800
Address: 3095 West County line Road Littleton Colorado
Rates are $106
A free hot breakfast is provided.
Shuttle service is available within a five mile radius.
When making a reservation, say that you are with the Colorado Center for the Blind,
Make your reservations today! We’ll see you soon!
Note: Reservations are accepted until the end of February.

For questions:
Please contact Julie Deden, Director, and Colorado Center for the Blind, jdeden at cocenter.org <mailto:jdeden at cocenter.org>;
Kathryn Webster, President, National Association of Blind Students, 203-273-8463, nabs.president at gmail.com <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com>;
Or
Anna Givens, President, Colorado Student Division, 402-817-8934, cabs.students at gmail.com <mailto:cabs.students at gmail.com>

Bryan Duarte | software engineer
ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President