[Nfbaz-talk] Last Chance! Make your voices heard, sign up for ASU haptics research database!

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:04:05 UTC 2017

Hi all,
**Last chance to sign up for the ASU haptics research database. (See
below). We are closing sign-ups on Friday March 31. If you've already
signed up for this project, you can disregard this email. If you
haven't, consider taking five minutes to sign up and make your voice
heard on technologies for the blind being developed here in Arizona.**

	My name is Arielle Silverman, and I am seeking your help with a
research project. The main purpose of this project is to develop a
database of blind individuals who are interested in providing feedback
on new assistive technologies. This project is sponsored by Arizona
State University’s Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing (CUBC)
which designs haptic technologies to assist people who are blind and
visually impaired. We need to hear from the blind community about the
most appropriate applications of this technology. We are especially
looking for people who live near Tempe, Arizona, who can help with
user testing and focus groups as these technologies evolve.
Adults who are 18 years or older and who are blind or visually
impaired are eligible to participate. The study involves a 10-minute
survey asking about your demographics and assistive technology use.
This will help us send you invitations to future studies for which you
qualify.
You will have the chance to enter into a raffle drawing where three
individuals will each win a $100 gift card if you decide to complete
the survey.
This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at
Arizona State University.
To begin the study, click here:
https://goo.gl/forms/tNYsz4wPhlHGNSZQ2
Note that once you finish the first survey, there will be a link to a
second survey. This is where you will enter your contact information.

If you have any questions or concerns about the study, feel free to
contact me at
arielle at disabilitywisdom.com
Or the principal investigator, Troy McDaniel, at
Troy.mcdaniel at asu.edu
Thank you for your help with this research.