[NFBC-At-Large] FW: [NFBC-Info] NFB San Francisco Chapter starts hosting a monthly "Banquet Speech Review and Leadership Development Discussion" group (added clearer date and time)

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:51:19 UTC 2020

Hello At-Large-Chapter members:
Below is an announcement from   our San Francisco Chapter concerning a
workshop discussing our philosophy through listening to speeches from our
past and present leaders.

Tina Thomas-At-Large-Chapter-Secretary

    Subject: [NFBC-Info] NFB San Francisco Chapter starts hosting a monthly
"Banquet Speech Review and Leadership Development Discussion" group (added
clearer date and time)

One of the best ways to develop NFB leadership is to deepen our
understanding of our NFB philosophy.  And, one of the best ways to deepend
our understanding of NFB philosophy is by reading and discussing speeches
and publications from current and former NFB leaders.

To this end, the San Francisco NFB chapter will begin listening to and
discussing one NFB speech per month.  Jim Barbour will facilitiateb these
discussions.

The first speech will be "Blindness, A Left-Handed Dissortation", by Dr.
Kenneth Jernigan. We will be listening to the speech as part of our
discussion, and all are welcome to read or listen to the speech beforehand.

https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/images/nfb/publications/convent/
blndnesl.htm (html)

https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/images/nfb/audio/banqspeech/blin
dness_a_left_handed_dissertation.mp3 (Audio)

Zoom meeting details are below.  I recommend using the zoom app on your
phone or computer.  However, you are also welcome to dial-in to the meeting,
the instructions are below.

I'm very excited to start these discussions, and look forward to seeing you
all there.

Jim Barbour

When: Tuesday, May 26th from 8 PM to 10 PM

      Every month on the Fourth Tuesday of the month from 8 to 10 PM.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://lighthouse-sf.zoom.us/j/91683591342

Clickable dial-in information if you are on a smart phone and don't want to
use the Zoom app.

+16699006833,,91683591342# US (San Jose)

Dial in from standard phone

        +1 669 900 6833
        Meeting ID: 916 8359 1342