[NFBC-At-Large] FW: Share your lived experiences in our upcoming Twitter chats starting October 7

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:14:49 UTC 2020

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2020 2:15 PM
To: Christina Thomas <tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com>
Subject: Share your lived experiences in our upcoming Twitter chats starting October 7

Meet The Blind Month: Twitter Chats Each Wednesday

Join the conversation. As part of Meet the Blind Month, we are hosting weekly Twitter chats! We will be discussing lived experiences with intersectionality, which are overlapping characteristics that are also subject to misconceptions and inequalities. The chats will be each Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET and our hashtag is #MeetTheBlind. Here are the following topics by week:

*	October 7, Blindness and Additional Disabilities
*	October 14, Blindness, Race, and Ethnicity
*	October 21, Blindness, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity
*	October 28, Blindness, Seniors, and Losing Vision Later in Life

The questions will be posted on our website prior to the chat for review. We look forward to your participation. Learn more about Twitter chats <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18619&qid=4219576> .

What’s a Twitter chat?

A Twitter chat is a scheduled, organized topical conversation on the Twitter platform centralized around a specific hashtag. In every response during the Twitter chat, a designated hashtag is included. The chat isn’t only for answering the set questions but also to encourage, support, and assist others who are part of the chat. Tweet, reply, retweet. You can find the chat by searching for the hashtag at the scheduled time. Along with tips for the chat check out details on joining Twitter <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18619&qid=4219576> .

For more details on all Meet the Blind Month activities visit nfb.org/mtbm <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18620&qid=4219576> .

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18621&qid=4219576>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18622&qid=4219576>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18623&qid=4219576>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18624&qid=4219576>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18625&qid=4219576>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18626&qid=4219576>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

 <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=15132&qid=4219576&h=da661c82a25886ce> Unsubscribe |  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=15132&qid=4219576&h=da661c82a25886ce> Opt Out |   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18627&qid=4219576> Sign Up for Our E-newsletter

..