[NFBC-At-Large] FW: Important Business Update from President Peter Mindnich

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:55:00 UTC 2020

Subject: Important Business Update from President Peter Mindnich

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=81edd5d861&e=154be4ec48>

 <https://mailchi.mp/859dfc7d12a0/braille-institute-oc-july-2694398?e=154be4ec48> View in browser

Support Braille Institute's free programs & services!

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=c1d203c210&e=154be4ec48> Donate

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=00a74661ae&e=154be4ec48>

Braille Institute Update from President Peter Mindnich

President Peter Mindnich shares details on our free remote services, and over 150 workshops and 200 classes. These remote offerings will continue into next year. With the ongoing pandemic, the centers will remain closed throughout the Winter semester which begins January 4, 2021. The health and safety of our students, patrons, volunteers and staff are our number one priority.

Join us in October for our celebration of Orientation and Mobility Month! There are a great number of free, informative orientation and mobility workshops happening the rest of the month.

If you need any assistance to register for a class or need help with anything else, please call 1-800-BRAILLE (272-4553).

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=07041da9ff&e=154be4ec48> Watch Update from President Peter Mindnich

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=757fe15dad&e=154be4ec48>

Hear from Braille Institute Students

The COVID-19 pandemic has presented a new set of challenges for the visually impaired community in Southern California and while Braille Institute centers have been temporarily closed due to COVID-19 since March, we have brought remote classes and services to students within the comfort and safety of their home throughout the pandemic. We are proud to share these testimonials from our incredible students during this time and incredibly proud of the work our staff has done at this challenging time.

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=6ded69e0ef&e=154be4ec48> Watch Braille Institute Student Testimonials

Celebrating Orientation and Mobility Month!

During the month of October, Braille Institute is raising awareness of Orientation & Mobility (O&M) by hosting free online workshops and events focused on everything that has to do with O&M! Whatever activity you choose for Orientation and Mobility month,
you’re sure to be more active.

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=913dd2cdbb&e=154be4ec48>

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=3924a54379&e=154be4ec48> Learn More About Orientation and Mobility

Free Remote Workshops

All workshops can be accessed via Mircosoft Teams or by phone. Once you've registered for a free online workshop, a staff member will contact you with the information you need to attend.

Online: All About the White Cane
October 19, 3.00 - 4.00pm
Hosted by Orange County Centers

In this online webinar we will cover the history of the white cane in the United States, the “White Cane Law”, the benefits of a white cane, the different types of canes, and traveling recommendations.

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=3c1dcb1949&e=154be4ec48> Register for All About the White Cane

Online: Voice Activated Technology
October 21, 1.00 - 2.00pm
Hosted by Santa Barbara Center

This online workshop will explain different voice-activated devices like the Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple Watch, and more. Come learn how these devices can make your life easier!

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=01b05afe1f&e=154be4ec48> Register for Voice Activated Technology

Online: Understanding Vision Loss
October 22, 11.00 - 12.00pm
Hosted by San Diego Center

As your vision changes due to Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy or other conditions, we offer FREE programs and services to help you do the things you love. Join us for an informative online opportunity to learn about living well with low vision and embracing lifestyle changes.

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=9ef842608f&e=154be4ec48> Register for Understanding Vision Loss

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=e217f063ea&e=154be4ec48> View More Workshops Hosted by Our Centers

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=4ae3c642ac&e=154be4ec48>

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=2254a098ae&e=154be4ec48>

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=a4c2820408&e=154be4ec48>

 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=021c0084c4&e=154be4ec48>

This email was sent to tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
This email was sent by Braille Institute of America, Inc.
Braille Institute of America, Inc. 741 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles, CA 90029-3514 USA

We respect your right to privacy -  <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=20b8b193b7&e=154be4ec48> View our Policy
 <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=05d6b999e7&e=154be4ec48> Manage Subscriptions |  <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=05d6b999e7&e=154be4ec48> Update Profile |  <https://brailleinstitute.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=b88f4610b7dfc25354da1727f&id=05d6b999e7&e=154be4ec48&c=220f0a8e66> One-Click Unsubscribe