[NFBC-At-Large] FW: Access Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:35:19 UTC 2021

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:46 AM
To: Tina Thomas <tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com>
ubject: Access Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research

Celebrate 10 Years of Publishing the Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research (JBIR)

The National Federation of the Blind publishes JBIR, the first scholarly journal created by blind people that address the real problems of blindness. Access the latest issue which celebrates our tenth anniversary.

“What we have striven to achieve over the last ten years is a journal that lets professionals speak with other professionals while integrating the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of blind people who know we have a productive role to play in our society and are determined to do what it takes to play that role.” – Gary Wunder, Why Publish the Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research?

JBIR Vol. 11 No. 1 (2021)

Below are the articles contained in the tenth anniversary edition. HTML and BRF files are available for each article. Access the entire tenth anniversary issue <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20550&qid=5089170> , or go to the  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20551&qid=5089170> JBIR landing page to read all published issues. JBIR is also available on NFB-NEWSLINE®.

Opinion

Why Publish the  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20552&qid=5089170> Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research?

Research Manuscripts

Changing Attitudes About Visual Impairment in the College Classroom <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20553&qid=5089170>

Increasing Problem-Solving Ability for Students with Visual Impairments and Intellectual Disabilities <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20554&qid=5089170>

Haptic Exploration of Objects for Area Comparison and Measurement by Students with Visual Impairment: The Role of Objects’ Characteristics <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20555&qid=5089170>

The Validation of the Actigraph GT3X Step Counter in Youth Who Are Blind <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20556&qid=5089170>

Professional Practice

Adaption and Evaluation of a Learning-Oriented Board Game for Blind Children <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20557&qid=5089170>

Natural Order of Braille Contractions <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20558&qid=5089170>

Client-Centered Therapy versus Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy: Applications in Adjustment-to-Blindness Training <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20559&qid=5089170>

More about JBIR

An open-access, online-only publication, JBIR is interdisciplinary and international in scope. JBIR is not a medical journal and does not intend to publish information related to the medical aspects of blindness. Questions about JBIR should be directed to Lou Ann Blake, JBIR managing editor, at lblake at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20560&qid=5089170> .

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20543&qid=5089170>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20544&qid=5089170>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20545&qid=5089170>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20546&qid=5089170>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20547&qid=5089170>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20548&qid=5089170>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314