[NFBC-At-Large] FW: Invitation to "The Healer"

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 01:14:03 UTC 2021

For your information.

Tina Thomas

CAGDU-President

At-Large VP

Pathfinder chapter-Board Member

Email: tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com <mailto:tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com>

Dear Tina Thomas at the California Association of Guide Dog Users,

I hope this email finds you well, in good health and spirits. My name is Jasmine Rivers, and I'm the Digital Marketing Assistant of a contemporary dance company based in San Francisco and New York’s Hudson Valley called  <https://rawdance.org/> RAWdance. I'm reaching out on behalf of our Co-Artistic Director, Katerina (Katie) Wong, about our upcoming performance entitled The Healer. We’d like to extend a personal invitation to you and your community, to warmly welcome blind and visually impaired patrons to this virtual premiere. We will be offering audio descriptions by Gravity Access Services for the performance on Saturday, January 30 at 5pm PT/8pm ET.

The Healer is inspired by Katie's late aunt, Szuson Wong, a Doctor of Energy Medicine, and draws on concepts such as qi, qi gong, yin yang, meridians, and pressure points. It mines the ancient beliefs, systems, and history of Traditional Chinese Medicine to shed light on humans’ innate ability to overcome suffering. It features an original music score by multi-instrumentalist Daniel Berkman, a gorgeous bamboo scenic design by Chad Owens, and is danced by a powerhouse quartet of women.

In addition to the live-streamed performance, The Healer also includes guest speakers such as <https://www.shawnaseth.com/>  Shawna Seth and <https://www.rebeccakellyg.com/>  Rebecca Kelly, and an intimate Q&A with the artists moderated by <https://theatredance.sfsu.edu/people/faculty/yutian-wong>  Dr. Yutian Wong.

Here’s a bit more information:

The Healer Livestream Screening:

January 29 – 30, 2021

Friday at 6 p.m. PT

Saturday at 5 p.m. PT*

Saturday at 8 p.m. PT

rawdance.org/thehealer <http://rawdance.org/thehealer>

*Please note that options for Live Captioning and Audio Description are available for this performance. Buttons to these access services will be available on the virtual event’s webpage at the time of the show. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact  <mailto:raw at rawdance.org> raw at rawdance.org or boxoffice at odc.dance <mailto:boxoffice at odc.dance> .

Tickets: $15 - $100 per household

To purchase tickets call 415-863-9834, or visit odc.dance/TheHealer or odc.dance/tickets.

Thank you for your consideration, and please let me know if you have any questions. RAWdance is committed to making our dance performances accessible, and we would be honored to see members of your community at our virtual premiere. We’d so appreciate you sharing this information to anyone in your circles that might be interested!

Best wishes,

Jasmine Rivers