[NFBC-At-Large] FW: You’re Registered–Learn More about #NFB21

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 16:15:14 UTC 2021

Subject: You’re Registered–Learn More about #NFB21

Three Weeks until NFB21: How to Access Convention Event

We are looking forward to another great convention. Please continue to stay tuned for more announcements as they become available. We encourage you to share this information with chapter members who may not receive emails.

More information including resources for first-time attendees can also be found at https://nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21655&qid=5566842> .

How to Access the Convention Events

There are multiple ways to participate in and interact with all convention events, from video conferencing to phone access. If you haven’t already done so, please also connect with your affiliate president.

All Sessions

*     All convention sessions, including the board meeting, general sessions, and the banquet, will be held via Zoom. Due to the large amount of sessions, there will be various links provided in the agenda as well as the virtual event platform. Learn more about the features of Zoom on our Zoom information page <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21656&qid=5566842> .

*     Meeting IDs and Zoom links will be provided in the agenda, as well as our virtual event platform, CrowdCompass (more information coming soon).

*     Each convention attendee will receive an invitation email to access the CrowdCompass mobile app and virtual event platform on the web. Visit the exhibit hall, personalize your own schedule, and network with other attendees.

*     For those who prefer phone access, please see our Zoom information page <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21656&qid=5566842>  for local dial-in numbers. Find your local dial-in number and then enter the appropriate meeting ID.

*     Zoom shortcuts, tips, and tricks are provided on our Zoom information page.

Additional Options for the Board Meeting, General Sessions, and the Banquet

*      <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21657&qid=5566842> Shoutcast

*      <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21658&qid=5566842> YouTube

*     NFB-NEWSLINE® Details coming soon.

Pre-Convention Activity: Zoom Cooking and Cocktails for Banquet

Plan to attend Feasting Together: Cooking and Cocktails, a pre-convention activity to help prepare for the banquet, on June 30 at 6:00 p.m. eastern via Zoom. Federationists Regina Mitchell and Hoby Wedler will share a couple of recipes and give tips to having a successful banquet dinner, no matter what your planned meal is. Please send your planned menu or any cooking questions to communications at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21659&qid=5566842> . Zoom details and agenda coming soon.

Policies to Be Considered

As the supreme authority of the organization, the convention assembled elects leaders and sets policies and priorities. Delegations normally need to be in-person to vote but the board has proposed rules of engagement for the virtual environment. Similar rules were adopted in 2020.

*	Review the proposed rules of engagement for the 2021 NFB Virtual Convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21661&qid=5566842> .
*	Review a board resolution being recommended to the convention to establish a fund to support survivors under our code of conduct <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21662&qid=5566842> .
*	Review proposed resolutions—which will be posted under https://nfb.org/resolutions <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21663&qid=5566842>  as soon as the committee has processed them.

One Voice: #StrongerTogether #NFB21 Concert

Enjoy a night of performance and support our work changing what it means to be blind, one stage at a time. The National Federation of the Blind and our Performing Arts Division are hosting a fundraiser concert on July 6, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. eastern. Please note: Separate registration is required for the concert. Ticket sales are opening on June 21. Learn more at https://nfb.org/concert <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21664&qid=5566842> .

Reminders

*     Join the Rookie Roundup - Tuesday, June 29 at 8:30 p.m. eastern

*      <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21665&qid=5566842> Visit the Presidential Suite

*      <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21666&qid=5566842> Host a Banquet Party

*     Participate in the Give $20 Convention Drawing <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21667&qid=5566842>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21668&qid=5566842>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21669&qid=5566842>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21670&qid=5566842>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21658&qid=5566842>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21671&qid=5566842>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21672&qid=5566842>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314