[NFBC-At-Large] FW: At Large Chapter February 18, 2021 meeting minutes

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:09:56 UTC 2021

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind;

to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;

to support the policies and programs of the Federation;

and to abide by its Constitution.

February 18,2021 meeting minutes

*The At-Large Chapter meeting was called to order at 7:05Pm by President Cathy Gaten

*Meeting Attendees: Cathy G, Tina T, Carmen W, Jeannie C, Ever H, Toby W.

*Minutes: The January 21,2021 meeting minutes were tabled due to lack of attendees

*Treasurer’s Report: $848.43

*Washington Seminar: No one from the At-Large Chapter attended Washington Seminar

       . We had four issues that we were presenting to our Congress-Persons. The issues can be found on our NFB website at:  <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

*Presidential Release Highlights: The February Presidential Release contained information concerning our Washington Seminar initiatives as well as our partnership with Rainn to assist us with our Code of Conduct specifically dealing with sexual misconduct.

National Report: Ever H, National Board Member encouraged chapter officers to fill out the Diversity and Inclusion Survey.

National Scholarships: Every year, the NFB gives out 30 scholarships to students who demonstrate academic excellence in their field of study. The scholarships range from $3000.00 up to $12000.00. More details as well as the application can be found on our website: www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org> .

C19 Vaccines: The NFB has a survey concerning the web accessibility of being able to get information about when, where and how to obtain information for scheduling vaccine appointments. More information can be found at: www.nfb.org

*NFB History: President Gaten asked the chapter if any of us had an opportunity

to read “Walking Alone And Marching Together” A book on the history of our NFB history and movement. Carmen W, had stated that she had read the first two chapters of the book and she would discuss it at our next meeting. The book can be found on our website at: www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org> .

* NFB Corner: Longtime NFB member, Toby Wiseman talked about how she came to the NFB and how it has impacted her life.

Jeannie C, talked about how she is a Forensic Psychiatrist working in one of our California Prisons and dealing with the C19 outbreak among the inmates.

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:30PM

Respectfully submitted by: Tina Thomas-At-Large VP/Secretary