[NFBC-At-Large] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Women's History Month: A Celebration of Black Women Leaders in the National Federation of the Blind

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:44:25 UTC 2021

The Black Elected Leaders Working Group under the Black Leaders Serving for
Advancement (BLSA) Committee cordially invites you to a celebration of
Women's History Month as we celebrate black women leaders in the National
Federation of the Blind.

Join us to hear from dynamic Black women leaders in the National Federation
of the Blind

When: March 27, 2021

Time: 11:00 AM EDT

10:00 AM CDT

9:00 AM MDT

8:00 AM PDT

Moderator: Denise Avant, NFB Board of Directors and immediate past President
of the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois

In his 2018 banquet speech, National Federation of the Blind President Mark
A. Riccobono recognized and celebrated the vital contributions of blind
women leaders in the Federation. March is Women's History Month, and we want
to hear from and celebrate today's Black women leaders in our movement. Join
us to hear from strong, intelligent and dedicated women in the Federation.

Joining us will be Dorothy Griffin, President of the NFB of Georgia and
President of the NFB of Georgia's Atlanta chapter, Barbara Manuel, President
of the NFB of Alabama, Suzanne Turner, 1st Vice President of the NFB of Ohio
and President of the NFB of Ohio's Cleveland Chapter and Sabrina Simmons, 2d
Vice President of the NFB of Michigan and President of the NFB of Michigan's
Detroit chapter.

These powerful women will share their stories as they ascended to leadership
in our movement. What brought them to the Federation and what are their
contributions to our organization? How have they successfully led their
affiliates and chapters?  How do they balance their competing roles of work,
family, community participation and involvement in the Federation? Who are
some of their role models?

All are welcome to participate in this celebration of women in the civil
rights movement of blind people.

National Federation Of The Blind Of The District Of Columbia Washington, DC
is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Women's history month event

Time: Mar 27, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/99878981380

Meeting ID: 998 7898 1380

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,99878981380# US (New York) 13017158592,,99878981380# US

+(Washington DC)

Dial by your location

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 998 7898 1380

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aoTuDxIGp

Join by Skype for Business

https://zoom.us/skype/99878981380

If you have suggestions for other programs by the Black Elected Leaders
Working Group, please email diversity at nfb.org <mailto:diversity at nfb.org> .