[Nfbc-info] Things to try when using facebook

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri Dec 5 07:55:50 UTC 2008

Hey Everyone,

I would guess that firefox 3 and window eyes will do the best job
with facebook.  This is because facebook recently started using AJAX
technology.  Skipping the technical background, I'll just say that
firefox is way ahead of internet explorer in making AJAX information
available to screen readers, and window eyes is slightly ahead of JAWS
in making use of that information.  If you want to play with this,
you'll need the latest version of firefox, jaws, or window eyes.

Another thing to try is the mobile version of facebook.  Point
either IE 7 (IE 6 will not work) or firefox to http://m.facebook.com/
This provides a less pretty, but more jaws friendly version of
facebook.

Hope this helps,

Jim