[Nfbc-info] social networking website resolution

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sat Dec 6 03:06:06 UTC 2008

Deepa Garraya authored the resolution.

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Barbour
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 5:40 PM
To: NFB of California List
Subject: Re: [Nfbc-info] social networking website resolution

I believe that's what the technology committee is supposed to do.  That is,
evaluate if a website is "inaccessible" and if so start a dialog with the
website authors.

I believe that several people have sent feedback to facebook with no result.

Who authored the resolution?  I'm afraid I've forgotten.

Jim

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 05:24:30PM -0800, Angela fowler wrote:
> Have Facebook or Myspace, to anyone's knowledge, even been approached
> about accessibility yet?
> It could be, if we build a strong case that the sites aren't
> accessible and provide practical solutions to this problem that these
> guys will work with us. In that case, legal action wouldn't be necessary.
> If they have been approached, and they have refused to work with us
> however, then maybe we should break out the law books.

against facebook would skip this step and might slam the door on pushing the
Target logic forward a bit.