[Nfbc-info] Fun public relations experience

Serena Olsen starbellyserena at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 21:31:52 UTC 2009

Hi gang,

Just wanted to report that I recently connected with someone in my
community with a show on public access television, who is blind, but
that wouldn't be neccessary for you to do the same thing in your
community, and he invited me to be a guest on his show.  He wanted to
talk about me and I wanted to talk about Braille, so between the two
of us, we covered a lot of important topics regarding blindness.  It
was a great awareness-raising opportunity that will potentially reach
thousands of people in my broader community, and he wants to have me
back on again soon.

If, by some chance, you know anyone in the Lompoc, Santa Maria, or
Buellton area, it will air for another week on local channel 25 and
the schedule is as follows:
Today, Sunday @ 6 pm
Monday 11:30 am
Wednesday 6:30 pm
Thursday 9:30 pm
Friday 4 pm
Sunday 6 pm

I, of course, have a copy of my own and a few to get to specific
people and I am going to try to upload it to YouTube, Facebook, or
somewhere, and I'll let you know when and if that happens.  Not only
is it a great opportunity, but the DVD will continue to be useful as a
public relations tool!  I reccommend this experience to all of
you--make connections with your local public broadcasting community!!

--
Serena Olsen, MAIPS
Braille Institute, volunteer

Find me on Facebook!
http://www.myspace.com/starbellyserena
http://www.myspace.com/nfbcmonterey
http://www.myspace.com/tabithacambodia

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, Grigio in one hand, strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "Wah Hoo!
What a ride!"