[Nfbc-info] Books I'm looking for

Eileen Misrahi eileenmis at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 5 23:55:12 UTC 2009

Hi Mike,

I used to have Open Book 7.0 and after taking my Technology class for my
degree, I was sold on Kurzweil. I took the book "Blindness: What it is; What
it does, and how to live with it by Thomas Carrolle. I had a terrible scan
with Open Book and needed to correct errors manually after I converted it to
a Word document. For the class, we needed to learn and assess Kurzweil. So,
I took the same book and scanned it with Kurzweil and received a clean scan.
I thought I would weigh in on this, as I was shock to see what a difference
it made. I did talk to Freedom Scientific about 2-3 weeks ago and they
stated to upgrade to Open Book 8.0 the cost would be $150. I don't know if
it is work your while to download a trial of Open Book 8.0 before purchasing
the product to see if it has improved. The cost would be less than buying a
competitor's copy of Kurzweil, which I vaguely remembered as being $600.
These are just my thoughts.

Eileen