[Nfbc-info] A fundraising idea

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 12 08:56:39 UTC 2009

Hi all.
Read and consider,Just discovered this yesterday August 10.
 I don't have time to do this on a chapter level.
 Because the convention is upon us this is something that would have to be
organized really fast and I would need a chapter president or officer to
write a request on NFB letterhead, I will do the leg work and negotiating
unless you just want to.
I will if authorized shoot for mid September or early october.
 so here is what I'm proposing.
Sacramento, Stocton, Student division, Kagdu,  parents division, sports
division,
seniors, Did I leave anyone out?  If so blame it on my southern CA roots not
knowing everyone and every chapter in rout.
I need one or more NFBC affiliates to sponsor and attend with friends and
Family my Giant! "Beat the heat and have a treat) NFBC Pizza night!
Money can be used in a couple ways
1. We could use it to charter a bus to and from convention for anyone who
wants to go stopping to pick up along the way from Sacramento to Freemont.
2. We could use it to sponsor people who need help attending the convention.
I live about a half block from Straw Hat Pizza and upon joining the email
club I looked arround their site and discovered some great fundraisers.
By the way here's a tip go to
http://www.strawhatpizza.com
Join the email club and you will receive a coupon good for 30 days that
entitles you to a free individual pizza with two toppings with the purchase
of any coke product.
But, please don't use it on the giant beat the heat have a treat Pizza
night!  That's just a tasty extra for all my friends.

What do you think see the details of the fundraising just below my
signature.
Mike Peterson
Note this is the original letter I wrote to myself that I was going to post
but I wanted to put together a plan of action first.
I also like the ticket books for future fundraisings for the student
division because I believe sstraw hat pizzas are everywhere or all most
everywhere in California.
____
Terra discovered less than a block away we have a straw hat pizza.
Fundraisers information just below.
Also if you go to
www.strawhatpizza.com
Sign up for the email club and they will give you a free two topping pizza
with the purchase of any coke product.
Mike
Straw Hat Pizza Genuine California Pizza
Left Coast Pizza
Fundraising with Straw Hat
Straw Hat can help your group Raise Big Dough!
Since 1959, Straw Hat has strived to be a good neighbor and has been
committed to
supporting and bettering the communities we serve. That's why we take an
active role
in our communities and why Straw Hat wants to help your non-profit group
raise money
for worthwhile things. We have many proven and delicious ways to assist your
group's
successful fundraising efforts.
Here is a sampling of the fundraising and sponsorship programs available at
Straw
Hat; programs may vary and are not available in all areas, so be sure to
contact
your local store manager or owner to find out which are available in your
community.
And be sure to contact us should your organization have any other needs that
Straw
Hat Pizza may be able to assist with.
Fundraiser Coupon Books
View Sample
Straw Hat supplies your organization with a quantity of Straw Hat Coupon
Books. Each
book is filled with over $250 of valuable coupons for everyone's favorite
Pizza,
Hot Hat's, Salads and More! Your group sells the book for the face value of
family, friends, and even door-to-door. At the end of the selling period,
return
any un-sold books to Straw Hat, and give us a nominal fee per book sold (to
offset
our initial discount costs) - and your organization keeps all the rest of
the proceeds!
Fundraiser Days
View Sample
Arrange a special day or night to promote your organization's needs at Straw
Hat.
Invite families, friends and supporters to have pizza at Straw Hat on that
day and
we'll donate a prearranged portion of your group's purchases back to your
cause.
It's a delicious and easy way to raise money for your organization, and
we'll
even
help you promote your event through our eClub and flyer programs!
Baseball & Soccer Coach's Handbooks
View Sample
Straw Hat has developed extraordinary scorebooks for little league and
soccer seasons.
Each spiral-bound book has helpful coaches tips, team rosters, scoring pages
and
examples, as well as fantastic season-long offers from Straw Hat. Our
Coach's
Handbooks
are on par with any sporting goods store books and we'll provide them free
of charge
to each team in the league.
Free Team Pizza Parties
View Sample
At Straw Hat we appreciate the time and effort those involved with youth
sports devote
to the kids of our community. And we'd like to support them by providing
FREE beginning-of-the-season
and end-of-the-season pizza parties to each team in the league. We'll also
be happy
to assist in putting together team events throughout the season; just ask us
how
we can help and for more information on our Free Team Parties.
League Sign-Ups & Registrations
We'll gladly provide space at no charge for youth sports sign-ups and
registrations.
Straw Hat is convenient and comfortable, and we can even provide snacks or
drinks.
And be sure to ask how we can help turn the event into a fundraiser for that
much-needed
equipment!
Event & Raffle Ticket Printing
We'll give your students a behind the scenes tour of our restaurant. The
informative
and fun guided tour will show the kids how to make their favorite pizza
while emphasizing
good nutrition and education. At the tour's conclusion, the students may be
treated
to a pizza party. See your local restaurant for details.
Group Restaurant Tours
Straw Hat can provide your event with tickets. We'll print event tickets or
raffle
tickets exclusively for your event and will even include a coupon to boost
their
value. Need a tasty raffle prize? Ask us about a pizza prize donation!
Student Achievement Awards
View Sample
Perhaps the most delicious way to encourage students to perform, Straw Hat's
Student
Achievement Award certificates are a great way for teachers to recognize a
student's
good grades, attendance, outstanding efforts, and good citizenship. The
student receives
a certificate detailing his or her accomplishment along with a complimentary
pizza
certificate as their reward!
Large Group Discounts & Classroom Specials
Special discounts and package pricing are available for large groups,
classroom parties,
business meetings or celebrations. Straw Hat can provide all the plates,
napkins,
drinks, and condiments as well as everyone's favorite pizza and appetizers
to make
your event trouble-free and delicious!
*Programs vary and are not available in all locations. Contact your local
store manager
or owner for specific program details in your area.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4328 (20090812) __________

http://www.eset.com