[Nfbc-info] Get well Diane

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 31 04:20:06 UTC 2009

Those of you know her need to encourage her to follow through with the
district Attorney's office and make sure they will prosecute. Most likely
they will based on the reported severity of her injuries. In my experience
Sacramento County seems pretty good about prosecuting these types of cases.
In the mid 80's while attending a job interview in Sac I was pick pocketed
at the Greyhound station. The suspect was apprehended and prosecuted and the
money that was stolen was recovered by policed and eventually returned to
me. At that time Sacramento police and the county Probation Department
responded in a very professional manner. At the time of sentencing the
victim and other interested parties can show up at court and make impact
statements that are considered by the judge before pronouncing sentence. I
would also expect that based on the nature of the case Diane would have
access to a victim services advocate that should help her go through the
court process.
Chuck