[Nfbc-info] Hopefully someone has some information

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:53:45 UTC 2009

Ever so many times, I read many NFB digests, and many messages compel me to
respond, such as the current thread:

Mary, when I moved to Ohio, I attended Wilberforce University in
Wilberforce, Ohio, outside of Dayton, with no more than a fulltime
scholarship.  Now, Eric Calhoun made a few mistakes, and had to learn from
them:

Because Xenia is not a large town, I was limited into what I could do.
So, I had to enlist DVR help, which is most important.  First, I tried Ohio
DVR.  The Department of Rehabilitation, I learned, would only serve me
after a 5-month waiting period, which meant I would have to take up
permanent residency in Xenia or Dayton.  (Note: My official residence is
Los Angeles.)  I had to go through CALIFORNIA DVR for any other future
scholarship assistance.

My second, and most costly one, was not enlisting the help of NFB of Ohio
or ACB of Ohio.  So, I'm saying to you, Mary: Finish your search, go to
Rehab, get with NFB _and CCB Students Division personnel.  Also, Mike
mentioned Christmas-wish stations.  this is a very important, but time is
of the essence.  Write your Christmas wish, and record it.  Again, do it
now!  If management feels your wish is grantable, they will contact you,
which requires you to leave your name, telephone number, and address.

I will check around for you, but please give me a call at 323-295-5750.

Eric
..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

Silver bells.

..

..

..

Silver bells.

..

..

It's Christmas time in your city!

..

..

Ring-a-ling!

..

..

..

Hear them ring!

..

..

Soon it will be,

Christmas Day!

..

..

Please look at the calendar and put a little holiday in your heart!

..

..

..

Happy Holidays from Eric in Los Angeles!