[Nfbc-info] 2010 California Youth Leadership Forum for Students with Disabilities

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 09:55:25 UTC 2009

Thank you so much for  passing this along Serina!
 i was very fortunate to have served as a delegate and most recently
as a staff member in  the 2009 forum.
  This  is an awsome  awsome  thing for youth to take part in and I
truley believe that  any students who  might have even a little bit of
interest in this should  most certainly take advantage of this great
oppertunity.  So please  spread this oppertunity  amungst rehab
counsolers, VI teachers and amungst the students at CSB.  I Also would
like to encourage any College age youth to  consider being
mentors/staff in this setting, there are far few examples of positive,
energetic and  passionate blind mentors/leaders who come through those
doors as YLF staff.
  excited and hopeful,
  Darian

--
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate

"And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny
calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching
before us;
if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our
slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe
past and future generations,
then I'm ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with
you. Together, starting today, let us finish the work that needs to be
done, and
usher in a new birth of freedom on this Earth."- Baraq Obama