[Nfbc-info] Long term care insurance

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Sun Jan 25 01:33:51 UTC 2009

Bryan,

I agree, but the same issue often arises.  We bought long term health
insurance for Karen's parents more than 10 years ago.  We had to invoke it
for her dad some five years ago.  He passed away in 2007.  We couldn't have
gotten along without it.

Karen's mom now is in her 90 day waiting period before her benefits kick in
even though she has had the policy for ten years.

I have heard that some have been denied due to blindness.  My comments were
directed to that issue since problems have occurred with long term health
care.

Michael Hingson,
 NSA
President,
The Michael Hingson Group
84 Bahama Reef
Novato, CA 94949
Phone Direct number (415) 827-4084
Fax number (415) 883-6220
Mobile/Pager (888) 965-9191
Email
info at michaelhingson.com
 <
mailto:
info at michaelhingson.com>
For information on Michael's speaking topics, his availability, and his
consulting services on Diversity and Access Technology for blind persons
please
visit <
http://www.michaelhingson.com>
For information on Guide Dogs for the Blind please visit <
http://www.guidedogs.com>