[Nfbc-info] light probe

Rob Kaiser rkaiser4 at socal.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 09:08:04 UTC 2009

Hello all. This may be somewhat off topic. However, I have a problem:

As many of you know, I am an employee at Verizon Wireless in Irvine. We use
a Rockwell for getting our calls. It is not blind friendly. Someone
suggested that a light probe would possibly work. We need to know if the
available light is on (this means we can receive calls) when call work is
on, (this shows that we are able to finish working a call after the customer
hangs up.) Does anyone know where I can get a light probe. I have tried
several places including the NFB material center and independent living
services.

Or, could I possibly borrow one to see if it would really work for us at the
call center?

At this time, we have to depend on sighted help to make sure we are at the
rite place.

Please contact me at the phone numbers or email below.

Thanks.

Rob Kaiser
PRESIDENT, NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF CALIFORNIA ORANGE COUNTY
CHAPTER
HOME PHONE (714)289-9114
CELL PHONE (714)323-5203
EMAIL ADDRESS: rkaiser4 at socal.rr.com