[Nfbc-info] (no subject)

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:01:09 UTC 2009

--
"And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny
calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching
before us;
if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our
slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe
past and future generations,
then I'm ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with
you. Together, starting today, let us finish the work that needs to be
done, and
usher in a new birth of freedom on this Earth."- Baraq Obama

The City College of San Francisco will host its first California
Community College Week, with attendees and delegates from over 100
community colleges throughout
the state, and Anthony Nachor’s Diary is inviting you to participate
in the various events that will shape up this exciting week:

(From the Faculty Association of California Community Colleges)

Faculty members across California are invited to participate in the
“Community College Week” scheduled in San Francisco, November 2-7. A
series of events
is being scheduled for the entire week, including mini-educational
forums offered to the public at Yerba Buena Gardens on Wednesday and
Thursday, November
4-5.

(From the City College of San Francisco, exclusive to CCSF Students and Faculty)

Thursday 10/29, 2:30 – 3:30pm: CCSF Ocean (Main) Campus Postering
We’ll meet in the lounge of the Student Union Lounge and waltz around
campus hanging up posters.

Friday 10/30, 11-12 noon: Rock Your Costume!
Meet at the Student Union Lounge and strut around campus clad in
costume!  Fliers will also be handed out to promote Community College
Week.

Monday 11/2, 6-7pm: How CCSF Rocks the House @ Yerba Buena Gardens,
surrounding Mission, Fourth, Howard, and Third Streets

72 Community Colleges from across California will knock on San
Francisco’s doors… on the Stone Stage!

Transportation: MUNI 5, 6, 7, 9, 9X, 14, 14L, 14X, 21, 26, 30, 31, 38,
38L, 45, 71, 71L; all MUNI Metro lines; MUNI F streetcar; all BART
lines

Friday 11/6, 7pm: Community Candlelight Vigil

This event mourns the loss of California’s Community College Budgets,
with approved plans to cut all but 20% of Summer Classes offered. The
march will begin
from the corner of Powell & Geary to the Yerba Buena Gardens.

Transportation: same as above

Hope that you can participate in those said events!