[Nfbc-info] CABS' History

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Sun Nov 8 23:45:12 UTC 2009

    Hi aziza I'm looking for what I can find but if anyone has copies of the
california magazines from 1979-2000 that will fill in the pieces of the
puzzle.
The braille monitor doesn't cover the early 80's I think it beginns in 1987
so you could maybe get some information looking at Monitor minatures to
bring you from 1987 to present.
I sent you some Michael Bayliff stuff.  Don't know if he has any of the
names etc of the board members. I think at least for the final term he was
my vice-president maybe for both terms.
I believe Ernie was Secretary or treasurer I'm thinking we had a five member
board and no disrespect meant by not mentioning everyone who served with me.
  I had two boards going on at the same time because I was also serving on
the San Fernando valley chapter board.
Maybe others who were there can add to what I remember.
Initially we had lots of nonstudents helping us rebuild like I think Mary
wasn't a student then maybe she was, Sharon Gold, Mike Couey that's just
naming a few there were more and as we grewI tried to distribute the work
getting more people involved in the process.
Mike