[Nfbc-info] Sendero Group sponsors bridge walkers

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Thu Oct 1 17:54:19 UTC 2009

    Hi Leesa.  A senderon navigator can do more than simply tell you how to
cross a bridge It can tell you what's in the area and how to get to it.
What if you wanted to go to the gift shop at the golden gate and buy a tea
shirt.  Your familiar with the area I'm not so maybe it's a straight line
when I walk off the bridge but I honestly don't know.  I might try to catch
up and ask you but maybe you need to grab Bart and scurry back to starbucks
or Chevy's and can't wait.
Or what if I need the address my GPS can tell me that.
What if I decide to stay in San Francisco after the walk and take Terra to
Chinatown or some other scenic site?
What if I need to get new straws for my hearing-aids and need to find
someone nearby to fix that problem?  Senderon can help.  It can provide
address phone and even directions if an emergency should arise.

What if you were going to be in the Olympics and you needed training and
senderon offered to sponsor you?
The slogan Don't mess with LeesaMaria!
 Like a senderon Navigator she's reliable, Consistent and dependable. She
will get where she needs to go.
  Ask the competition.

Or how about a close-up of your best move in a Judo competition.
"the anouncer says The winner Leesa Maria--like a senderon Navigator she can
take you out!
So the point is Senderon gets you where you need to be and in addition it
tells you what you need to know.
It creates independence and less dependency on sighted help for information
and, the GPS device can provide you information using spoken word or
braille.
Beyond that If a business any business wants to sponsor some of it's patrons
why not?
I don't drinkalcohol, did when I was younger don't now. You don't need your
favorite spirit to walk across the bridge I mean what does drinking have to
do with crossing a bridge outside of the fact if you drink to much you might
feel like you fell off and are at sea.
But Bex Beer says I will sponsor 4 of my patrons on the bridgewalk let's
make it really good I will donate $5,000 to each one.
Should Mary say Oh sorry Bex beer has nothing to do with crossing a bridge
in a straight line and might in fact interfere with that straight line.
Or will she tell those who use Bex about the offer.
Now maybe one can argue let's ban cigarettes and alcohol because this is a
family event.
okay so it's not Bex it is Vicks offering to promote you with their leading
vaporizer.
You can't use a vaporizer on the golden gate-- well maybe a portable one
somehow but generally a vicks vaporizer won't help you walk a straight line.
When I use one of those puppies I tend not to want to walk at all just to
lie down and take it easy--great for fighting the swine flue maybe but not
so good for being on the golden gate. Still they offer sponsorships.
The money helps promote braille literacy do you take it?
Senderon does promote braille literacy it doesn't just talk vocally but can
when attached to a braille note.
Senderon does promote travel by blind people independently and to new places
where to quote in paraphrase Captain Kirk "they have never gone before"
In essence everything whozit is advocating on this walk Senderon advocates!

Anyone else who uses Senderon products wanna chime in here?
Have a great day.
MikePeterson