[Nfbc-info] AUDIO FILES FROM THE 2009 CONVENTION ON THE NFBCAL.ORGWEB SITE

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 20:50:11 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone,

    Firstly unless they've been fixed there are a few bad file links that
need to be repaired. Second There are individuals that do not want to have
to reload each presentation in order to hear a convention session through.
I've brought this matter up before and would appreciate it if you would also
include each convention session in a single file to give listeners the
choice of how they wish to listen. The NFB of Tennessee, Missouri, and in
the future the NFB of Kansas and the NFB of Texas do this. One should not
have to put up with loading and playing individual presentations or creating
a playlist of each session to hear it without interruption each time they
wish to listen to each year's state convention.

    Around here playlists are not an option. Different playlists require
data to be entered in different ways and they must have different file
extensions. Windows Media Player and Winamp require playlists to have the
.m3u extension while iTunes requires the .pls extension. The simplest way to
resolve this is to include complete recording files of each individual
convention session. I thought this organization was all about giving blind
people choices. This notion should also extend to how we wish to listen to
recordings of events such as our annual conventions. And speaking of choice
have you guys considered offering a second set of recordings that include
Spanish translation as a way to reach out to the blind Hispanic population
in California? Please give this serious food for thought.

Peter Donahue