[Nfbc-info] Urgent Please

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Sep 8 23:27:51 UTC 2009

Does anyone know if Charles has a Facebook acocunt?

This appears to be a hacked facebook scam.

Here's facebook's take on it:

I've already reported this to them.

This is probably a good place to end this thread.  If anyone has any
questions, feel free to contact me at jbar at barcore.com

Jim

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9874388706

The "London scam"
Once a scammer has access to a trusted friend's Facebook account, one of
the most common ways to manipulate others for financial gain is through
the London scam, or similar means. Often through Facebook chat, the
scammer, posing as one of your friends, will explain that he or she is
stranded on a trip to London after a robbery, leaving him or her with no
way to get home. Then you'll be asked to wire money to get your friend
home. Make sure you verify the identity of a friend with this kind of
request before you oblige.
To report this kind of scam to Facebook, visit:
http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=419_scam