[Nfbc-info] Literacy spokes people at the pizza feast

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Tue Sep 15 16:12:06 UTC 2009

Here's a new reason to come to the pizza feast next week.
If all goes as planned Terra and I will bring our video camera and ask those
of you who will to talk about braille literacy.  We will post the stories on
www.lifesrace.com and if the affiliate wants will send copies of the files
to be posted on either the main website or division websites.
This might help in the sell of braille coins.  If you have children high
school and younger it would be great for them to be posted with their story.
It gives them a great opportunity to in addition to enjoying pizza,
 be a part of the action, the work of the Federation.
But if your a little bit older than high school like me, we certainly would
welcome your interviews as well.

I do hope to share this video  with a class I will be guest lecturing at
online which I do for this professor on a regular basis.It will be a good
nonprofessional piece for public education.

I know it might be noisy inside so we will have people step outside for the
filming.
We also want to from the viewpoint of walkers film our walk across the
goldengate bridge.
We don't want to do a newscast type filming because Terra wants to
participate in the walk but we do want to show our friends and web visitors
how determined blind people are to improve braille literacy!
If Terra gets this on film we will give a copy of the bridgewalk To Mary to
use if she likes.
Either way we hope to post it on our site
www.lifesrace.com
We do have the NFB braille literacy video  there so viewers can see the
louis braille coins and hopefully buy some.

The reason we have a video camera is for my advanced practicum I needed to
do several 30-minute interviews on videotape.
I don't work in a field office or at an agency yet so I had to find a way to
do this.
End result we bought an ultra flip camcorder.
It will in addition to helping with my classes also help blind folks across
America become more braille literate so they too can earn master's degrees
if they choose or even their  G E D if that is the level they want to
attain,  but at the end of their studies braill literacy will helpthem
find and enjoy the benefits of full employment and social participation.

Whether you Feel comfortable on video or just want to enjoy the food and
friendship be sure to attend the pizza feast!
Help us raise money so we can make bigger and better things happen in the
Golden State of California!
Pizza for some!
 Literacy for all!
5:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m.