[Nfbc-info] Fw: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Youth Slam in the low 20s for the Pepsi Refresh project!

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 17 22:00:47 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Lamkin,Seth (by way of David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:52 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Youth Slam in the low 20s for the Pepsi Refresh project!

NFB Youth Slam in the low 20s for the Pepsi Refresh project!

Your daily votes are helping us climb closer to our goal of reaching the top two spots in August and receiving a grant of $250,000 for the 2011 NFB Youth Slam project! The competition is getting tougher as we go, so we need everyone to not only take the time to vote every day, but also remind friends, family, and everyone you know to vote every day. Many with texting capabilities have found that sending a text to everyone in their contacts is a good way to spread the word about the voting via text method. It's easy to do and is a great way for your friends to quickly text their own votes on to Pepsi. But remember, texting is only one of the three ways to vote:

  1.. Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a text, and send that text to 73774. That's all you have to do each day to vote via text. *Standard text-messaging rates apply
  2.. Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to vote, and then choose the log in using Facebook option. Once you're successfully logged in, click the vote button on our page again and the vote link will disappear and you'll have logged your vote!
  3.. Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to vote, and then choose the sign in directly with Pepsi option. This option is the least desirable option, but with practice still can be done in less than a minute each day. An audio CAPTCHA is necessary for completing this option, but only this option requires the CAPTCHA. If you do not wish to solve a CAPTCHA each time to vote (and do not have the ability to text), please use the Facebook option, even if you simply create a Facebook account to vote for this month and deactivate it once we have won.

Exactly two weeks from today voting ends. We have at least 20 more spots to go to make the Youth Slam a reality. Keep voting and spreading the word for others to do the same every day. Let's all do our part to make sure that blind students have complete access to science subjects, and are able to pursue their dreams!