[Nfbc-info] Judge hears arguments on assistive technology for standarized testing

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 1 03:29:27 UTC 2010

Hello California Federationist:
I am asking anyone who will be in the San Francisco Bay Area on Monday,
December 6th, to consider attending a public hearing.  Judge James Browning,
9th Circuit Court of Appeals, will hear arguments in the case of Enyart
versus Nat'l Conf. of Bar Examiners.
Judge Browning needs to see that there is much support and a great interest
in a favorable decision in this case.  Those of us, who use JAWS and other
assistive technology,  want appropriate accomodations to take standardized
tests.  This  decision will affect blind people everywhere.
If you are available to attend , you will need to be at 95 Seventh St. (7th
and Mission)
San Francisco,  courtroom 3, 3rd Floor, before 1:PM on Monday, December 6th.
You must have a government issued photo ID, (ie: California DMV I.D. card)
in order to enter the courtroom.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to hear to Dan Goldstein argue a
case for the NFB.
We will also be represented by our own Tim Elder, who is currently working
as an intern in the offices of Brown, Goldstein and Levy.
Best,
Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net