[Nfbc-info] Discrimination in Oakland

Aziza daydreamingncolor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:21:31 UTC 2010

Mike,
With all do respect, I believe it is unfair as to suggest the unlikeliness
of the ACB to come forward offering help to Mary, or any other NFB member if
the need arose. We don't know this for certain, and cases in the past that
may have turned out this way are just that, in the past. We have no right to
think of new ACB members the same way. Furthermore, the idea that we will
not willingly offer our services or support because we think is unwanted or
unneeded is furthering the rift between the two organizations. Afterall,
what is the worst the ACB can do, tell us no? I sincerely believe the NFB
has faced worse situations. It is high time both the ACB and NFB stop making
asumtions as to how the other organization will react, those asumtions and
how they are acted on are simply fueling the rift that should have been
repaired, or at least be considerably less than what it is a long time ago.
Aziza Cano
California Association of Blind Students, First Vice-President
Channel Islands Chapter, Secretary
Young Energetic Students Supporting Independence, President
www.yessinfb.org