[Nfbc-info] Discrimination in Oakland

Aziza daydreamingncolor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 01:28:09 UTC 2010

Perhaps I am just speaking form a personal point of view, but, I think for
the sake of all interested and perspective youth in the NFB, I'd ask you to
keep your personal views personal. The facts are facts, they do not need
further embellishments to make them seem worse than they are. Let the facts
speak for them self, and leave it at that. Yes, people have been unseemly,
but not everyone in the ACB has done so. I personally refuse to hold a small
group of people's actions against an entire organization. If things have
happened in the past, leave them there. It is time to move on and stop
dwelling on the problems made by others. I say we stop allowing issues from
the past dictate what we do, or say. The youth has a right to want to know
what happened without all the extra defiance and anger infused with the
information they are given. And, if the only way to get a clear
understanding of the history is to read a book in order to avoid all the
excess hostility, I am very disappointed in the blind community in general,
we should be able to talk about things.
Aziza