[Nfbc-info] FW: Meet Meg on February 17!

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 16:56:53 UTC 2010

I think we need to expose all candidates and the business community to our
issues. Over the years I have met many business people that have little
awareness about the capability of blind people that are qualified to hold
all levels of jobs. Working as a free lancer and having been in business
previously I frequently get the the standard line of how amazed someone is
that "As a blind person you can really do whatever. I am amazed by this..."
This is important to consider as an opportunity with the unemployment for
blind people being at 70% if not more.
Chuck