[Nfbc-info] FW: Meet Meg on February 17!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Feb 15 18:45:57 UTC 2010

Hi, Mike.

I do remember that Dr. Jernigan visited Bush SR. once to talk of our airline
problems and it seems to me NFB leaders met with Barbara Bush once. Also,
Bush SR. did favor the Americans with Disabilities Act.

I certainly understand your frustration re party politics and the NFB.
Democrats seem to understand our struggle for civil rights far better than
do Republicans whereas Republicans grasp our yearning to be free of masters
(governmental and otherwise) far better than do Democrats. Every time I run
into too many who wish to "do good unto us" -- most of whom are Democrats --
I toy with the idea of becoming Republican or, better yet, Libertarian. Yet
I stay a Democrat because, to put it bluntly, one seldom sees a Libertarian
in a bread line.

Since NFB is itself nonpartisan, though, I seldom have to choose: I speak of
civil rights and civil liberties with Democrats and getting Big Brother off
our backs with Republicans. The important thing is that we get our
legislative agenda into law! (grin)

Mike