[Nfbc-info] Announcement of Legislative Workshop

Bruce Sexton Jr. bjsexton at comcast.net
Sat Jan 23 19:12:57 UTC 2010

Hello Fellow Federationists,

I am pleased to announce the Legislative workshop that will be all day
Febuary 27.  Mark your Calendar and write me at bjsexton at comcast.net if you
plan to attend!

See full Details Below and attached.

Thank You and I hope to see everyone there.  Additionally, if you would like
to help, you may volunteer by contacting me at the email address above.

Best Regards,
Bruce Sexton, Jr., Legislative Chair

Legislative workshop, 2010

When:     February 27, 2010

Time:        9:30 AM to 4:30 PM

Where:    The California School for the Blind,

              500 Walnut Avenue

              Fremont, CA 94536

Are you interested in helping to advocate for legislation which will
positively impact blind people in California? Are you passionate about
legislative issues, but not sure how you can help advocate for them? The
2010 NFBC legislative workshop is the place for you.

This workshop will cover the entire legislative advocacy process, starting
with a lesson in resolution writing by former NFBC president Jim Willows,
and climax in a series of debates on the important legislative issues which
are facing us right here and now. This will be a hands-on workshop which
will give you real practice in all aspects of legislative advocacy.

Registration will begin at 9:30. The workshop will start at 10 and end at
around 4:30. Lunch and registration is $5.

To sign up for this exciting seminar, please contact:

Bruce Sexton (Legislative Committee Chair)

925-209-8595

bjsexton at comcast.net

Space is limited, so reserve your seat early.