[Nfbc-info] blind parents

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sun Jul 11 17:40:40 UTC 2010

Dear friends,
    Just before we left for Dallas, we learned the disturbing news of the
blind couple in Missouri whose baby was being taken away from them simply
because they are blind. The Missouri affiliate is intervening, hiring an
advocate for the parents at considerable expense. They reached out to the
rest of the federation for help, and accepted donations throughout
convention.
    Recently I was approached with the question of how those who did not
attend the convention could help if they wished. I spoke with affiliate
president Gary Wonder and got the address to which contributions could be
sent. If you wish to make a contribution to the Bring Baby Mikaela home
fund, please email me off list and I will send you the address.
sincerely
Angela Fowler
fowlers at syix.com