[Nfbc-info] Cabs August membership call: " the back to school game plan".

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:45:17 UTC 2011

Greetings Fellow Students!

 I hope you all  have enjoyed  a fantastic summer thus far.
 While one more month of summer would be  great, alass  school is the
next step for us all as we advance through this exciting year.
 With  school on our minds, The California Association of Blind
Students is pleased to  bring to you a conference call that   will set
you  on the right direction to having a steller school year!

 August can only mean one thing-- Back to school time!

 While this thought may (or may not) excite you, we have just the
thing that might…
  The California Association of Blind Students Presents: The   Back to
school game plan.
   Join us   as we talk openly about strategies that blind students
use to get through the first days of school, developing relationships
with professors, classmates and disabled students offices.  Also, Come
and hear about a wonderful  scholarship opportunity; the National
Federation of the Blind of  California (NFBC) Scholarship program and
how you may best prepare the perfect application to get free money for
your studies!

   Sounds great?  Yep… we thought so too!
Then Please join us on Sunday, August 7, at 5p.m. (and bring a friend or three!)

 To recap, here’s what you need to know:

What? Back to  school/scholarship readiness call (for high school and
college students).
When? Sunday,  August 7, 5:00 p.m.

Where? conference call(call 218.339.2500 and enter code  958093).
Why: Because when it comes to learning, we are all in this together,
and who doesn’t like free money, too?

Questions? Contact Darian Smith at dsmithnfb at gmail.com.
 Thank you and we hope to see you there!
  The California Association of Blind Students.

--
Darian Smith

“My secret?  See it, and stay focused on it.”

— Shaquille O'Neal