[Nfbc-info] please share this information

Racquel Decipeda racquelmd29 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:15:38 UTC 2011

San Fernando Valley Chapter

Please join us at our next meeting!

When: Saturday, February 12, 2011 from 10:00am-12:00pm (Please arrive by
9:30 am)

Where:    Center for the Partially Sighted

18425 Burbank Blvd. Suite 706 (7th floor: conference room)

Tarzana, Ca 91356 (just east of Reseda Blvd)

Did you know that you may be able to receive Medi-Cal health coverage if you
are a person with a disability and working full time, part time, or self
employed? You can.

Learn vital information about this underutilized program:

How much can I earn?

Is there a premium?

Can I receive personal assistance where I work?

How do I qualify?

Can I keep Medi-Cal if I no longer qualify for SSI?

What if I pay a high share of cost now?

Teddie-Joy Remhild with The California Health Incentives Improvement Project
(CHIIP) will be informing us about this important program: "250% WORKING
DISABLED MEDI-CAL PROGRAM".

The mission of the National Federation of the Blind is to achieve widespread
emotional acceptance and intellectual understanding that the real problem of
blindness is not the loss of eyesight but the misconceptions and lack of
information which exist. We do this by bringing blind and low vision people
together to share successes, to support each other during difficult times,
and to find innovative solutions.

Membership in the NFB is extremely rewarding because it opens up a network
of unparalleled support, friendship, and resources.  With more than 50,000
members, the National Federation of the Blind is the largest and most
influential membership organization of blind people in the United States.
Anyone and everyone (blind, low vision, family members and friends) are
welcome to come and check out our meetings and join our chapter if
interested.

To RSVP or for further information please feel free to contact us via email
at nfbevents at gmail.com or via phone by calling:

Robert Stigile (Chapter President) 818-419-5331 or

Racquel Decipeda (Membership Committee Coordinator) 818-457-1482