[Nfbc-info] Reflections on Tucson and the NFB

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 9 21:10:43 UTC 2011

A word about unity:

I have been reflecting on the event in Tucson and thought that I would take
a moment to share my thoughts.

The strength of the National Federation of the Blind is our ability to come
together to strive to improve the lives of blind people in America and in
particular in California.  I want to commend all of the people who work so
hard in our organization to promote unity.  From time to time, we have
experienced rhetoric which does nothing but cause discention.  We are at a
time right now in our affiliate when blind people are coming together in
monthly chapter meetings, conference calls and annually in convention
assembled to discuss issues which impede independence and policies which
sometimes seem anti-productive.  Ensuring that we will commit to a peaceful
resolution of the issues is the foundation of our purpose for a more perfect
union.

Thank you for your support and cooperation.  Let us promise that unity will
always be our rock.

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net