[Nfbc-info] Convention highligts. Meetings not to miss.

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 2 04:13:20 UTC 2011

To All Those Attending the NFB 2011 convention:

I hope the following list will assist you in planning your time at the NFB
convention.  Although, I know it is near impossible to attend all of these
meetings, I want you to be aware of what is being offered to you if you take
the opportunity.

I will follow up this message asking persons to be sure to attend specific
meetings so that you can report back to the Board and membership.  If there
is anything in particular you would like to attend, please let me know.

Important meetings at the national convention:

1.  Rookie Round up- July 3, from 8:00 to 10:00 P.M.  Panzicola F 1
ballroom, level1.

This is a chance for all first timers to learn a little about the NFB and
what to expect over the next week.  All Radcliff Grant winners should
attend.  We will travel together from Robert Stigile’s room after pizza.

2.  Monday, July 4, 1:30 P.M., Resolutions Committee.  This is the meeting
where NFB policy is set forth for the upcoming year.  Everyone should
attend.

3.  Monday, July 4, 4:00 to 6:00 P.M.  Federation regeneration- Suwannee 18,
level 2.

4.  Monday, July 4-  National Association of Blind Students (NABS)  6:15 to
10:00 P.M.  Panzicola G ballroom, level 1.

5.  Monday, July 4, Library Services, 7:30 to 9:00 P.M., Suwannee 20, level
2.

6.  Monday, July 4, Membership Committee, 8:00 to 9:30 P.M., Wakiwa 5, level
2.

7.  Tuesday, July 4, Board Meeting, 9:00 A.M. to 12:00, Sebastian I and J.

8.  Tuesday, July 5, First Time Convention Attendees, 12:00 to 2:00 A.M.,
Affiliate Action Suite 14230.

9.  All Kinds of break-out divisions and committee meetings.  Take your pick

10.  .  Tuesday, July 5, California Caucus, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., Wakiwa 4

 11.  .  Tuesday, July 5, immediately following California Caucus, Back to
Basics Panzicola H 2, level 1.

12.  Tuesday, July 5, Grant Writing Workshop- 7:00 to 8:30 P.M., Suwannee
13, level 2.

13.  Wednesday, July 6, 7:00 to 9:00 P.M., Legislative Seminar, Moving
Legislation on the State and National Level, Suwannee 13, level 2.

14.  Wednesday, July 6, IEP Training for NFB Advocates, 7:00 to 9:00 P.M.,
Suwannee 18, level 2.

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net