[Nfbc-info] You still have time to support the NFBC

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 06:45:02 UTC 2011

              “CATCH OUR DREAMS”  2011

                   DREAM of OPPORTUNITY

                             BELIEVE in EQUALITY

                                          ACHIEVE SECURITY

Join the National Federation of the Blind of California for an afternoon
“Pasta Lunch” and Auction, on Sunday,June 12th 2011, at the Courtyard
Marriott, 1350 Holiday Lane, Fairfield, Ca 94534, from, 1:pm -5:pm.This fund
raising event will be hosted by the River City Chapter. Tickets are $25.00
each, Enjoy entertainment by Baca and his Ventriloquist, Bill Passmore.

This years theme is “Catch Our Dreams”. According to legend, a Dream Catcher
filters in good dreams. We in the NFB, dream of opportunities for all blind
people to receive education or training which will lead to jobs.  We believe
in the equality of all blind people to compete with sighted peers. We work
to achieve security so that all blind people can live and travel wherever
they choose.

The purpose of this fund raising event, is to bring awareness to the public
about the need for Braille, so that all blind people can compete on terms of
equality.  Proceeds from this event will go towards: (1) Chemistry Camp for
high school students; (2) Braille Seminars for Parents of Blind Children;(3)
Advocacy workshops to empower blind individuals to take control of their
lives; and (4) Scholarships for blind college students working to achieve
success.

The auction will be facilitated by our very own auctioneer, Everlee
Hairston.  Auction items have been donated by generous businesses in the
Fairfield /Napa region.  Some of the auction items include: an autographed
football signed

by Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Andy Lee, and Justin Smith who
play for the San Francisco 49ers; a San Jose Shark’s hockey puck signed by
#40 Kent Huskins; a Weekend stay at the Omni Hotel & Resort in either San
Francisco or San Diego; 4 Tickets to the Indy Grand Prix Sonoma at Infineon
Raceway; Calvin Klein “Man” Cologne; Calvin Klein “Euphoria” Perfume for
Women; One night stay at the Villagio Inn & Spa in Napa; 1 Day
Pass-(Admission for 2) at Great America; 2 Night stay in Las Vegas; 4
Tickets to an Oakland A’s game; 1 Pound of Coffee every month for 1 year;
and Various Vintage Wines from the Region.

Come to our Pasta Lunch, participate in our auction and enjoy the
entertainment.  There will be a no host bar available.

Location:           Courtyard Marriott

                             1350 Holiday Lane

                             Fairfield, CA 94534

Date:                   Sunday, June 12th,  2011

Time:                  1:00 pm – 5:00 pm

Phone:                707-422-4111

If you wish to come in the night before and enjoy the area, the hotel has
given us a block of rooms at the discounted rate of $89.00 a night.  Please
tell them that you are with the National Federation of the Blind of
California.

Directions: Take I-80, exit Travis Blvd, merge onto Travis Blvd. West, turn
left on Holiday Lane to Courtyard Marriott, 1350 Holiday Lane, Fairfield.

Amtrak:  Get off at the Fairfield/Suisun station and call the hotel for the
shuttle.  Phone: 707-422-4111

To purchase a ticket for the luncheon show at $25.00 each, go to:
www.sixdots.org

For more information, call the NFBC office at:
510-248-0100

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net