[Nfbc-info] Jobsite Conversation Series Visits Yahoo

Richard Russo rrusso at lighthouse-sf.org
Wed Nov 2 00:23:05 UTC 2011

Hello Jobseekers,

Our next jobsite excursion will take place on Wednesday, November 9th.
We will be visiting Jim Barbour, Principal Systems Architect at Yahoo.

Jim has been working at Yahoo for 2 1/2 years.  He leads small teams of
engineers through projects involving computer programming, cloud
computing management, capacity planning (how many machines it takes to
handle 10,000 queries per second) and systems management (what to do
when a bunch of computers loose power). Before joining Yahoo, Jim worked
at Google for five years.

When not working, Jim enjoys hiking, skiing and cooking, and he does a
fair bit of reading.

On the 9th, we will rendezvous at the LightHouse for the Blind, 214 Van
Ness Avenue, at 9:30 a.m.  From there we will be taking the LightHouse's
passenger bus to the Yahoo campus in Sunnyvale.  Lunch will be provided
following our talks with Jim, and we will have everyone back at the
LightHouse by 3:30 p.m.

Since we will be on a strict schedule, please give yourself enough time
to get to the LightHouse by 9:30 a.m.  If you find yourself running
unavoidably late, please call my cell phone at (415) 351-9534 to make
the required arrangements.

Participants are encouraged to bring their cane or other mobility tool,
as this visit is part of a larger blindness training opportunity.  The
dress code is business casual.

Please RSVP by Tuesday, November 8th, as space is limited.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or to sign up for
the visit.

This will be a wonderful opportunity for all those involved, and I am
looking forward to seeing you there.

Rich Russo

Richard Russo Community Services Program AssistantLightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired214 Van Ness AvenueSan Francisco, CA 94102Direct: (415) 694-7352Email: rrusso at lighthouse-sf.orgwww.lighthouse-sf.org

Jobsite visits will take place each Wednesday through the remainder of the year. To learn more about registering for the series, visit our Jobsite Conversation Series Webpage at: http://lighthouse-sf.org/programs/jobsite-conversation-series/

Connect with us:
http://on.fb.me/LightHouseFb
http://twitter.com/lighthouse_sf
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=0014Ogu2wnBvl8uh2umHF9QU0OUCY7hC1NO