[Nfbc-info] Collecting List of Inaccessible iPhone Apps

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Wed Nov 9 19:28:26 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I am an attorney investigating the accessibility of iPhone Apps to improve access for blind users of iPhones and other mobile communications products.  Specifically, I am interested to hear from anyone who has installed an inaccessible App that has some connection to a physical location like a store, school, local government or other public accommodation.  For example, the Home Department Hardware Store App, the Johnson Middle School App, the County Library App or the City of Springfield App, etc.  Please let me know of any such Apps you have encountered and been unable to use because of inaccessible design.  The goal is to put moral, economic and possibly legal pressure on the developers of these Apps to ensure they comply with accessibility guidelines.

Those who would like to contact me off the list can do so at telder[at]trelegal[dot com] or by telephone at 410.415.3493.