[Nfbc-info] Bring your walking shoes and NFB T-shirts

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 9 17:19:09 UTC 2011

The convention is just around the corner.  We have all kinds of activities
planned for all kinds of people.

I just want to remind you to bring your walking shoes for the "Walk for
Independence" on Saturday, October 15 at 10:30.  Whozit himself will lead
the walkers through the streets of Newark to educate the public about White
Cane Day and the work of the NFB of California.

The event will be captured on video tape and by professional photographers.

When we return to the hotel by 12:00 the photographer will stay and take
pictures of groups or individuals who would like to share the event on our
website.  If we can find a good spot, we can take another one of those
record breaking shots with Whozit for Meet the Blind Month.

See you in Newark on Thursday.
Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net