[Nfbc-info] Pre-registration Reminder

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 18 01:38:17 UTC 2011

Hello All:

This is a reminder to pre-register for the 2011 National Federation of the
Blind of California convention.  The pre-registration deadline is October 6,
2011.  You will save 20% by registering in advance.

The convention will be held at the Hilton Newark/Fremont, California.
For reservations call (510) 490-8390

Thursday, October 13- California Association of Guide Dog Users  Seminar and
the NFB of Cal Board of Directors meeting.
Friday, all day exhibits and  break-out meetings such as Resolutions, Senior
Blind, Orientation Center for the Blind Alumni Association Inc., Library
Services, Education, California Association of Blind Students, Parents of
Blind Children and the "Made Up Theatre" Comedy group at 8:00 P.M.
Saturday is the general session which will include a "Walk for Independence"
through the streets of Newark to celebrate "White Cane Day" October 15.
Saturday evening we will hear from our national representative and keynote
speaker, Joe Ruffalo, President, NFB of New Jersey and member of the NFB
Board of Directors.
Sunday, we will hold elections and hear the personal stories from young
people who are just learning about the Federation for the first time, as
well as, seasoned members who would not miss a convention for anything and
why.

Do not miss this annual dose of support and love.  When you leave a
Federation convention, you know that you have changed what it means to be
blind.  You will go home refreshed and ready to take on the challenges of
everyday life because you feel the love of your extended family in the
Federation.

Pre-register at www.sixdots.org.  Read the September Bulletin and/or click
on events.

Mary Willows, President