[Nfbc-info] educating hospital staff about blindness, any tips?

Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:16:15 UTC 2012

        Hello everyone,
I am working part-time at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center doing genetic
counseling. I went through employee health at the beginning and was met with
alot of resistance about my blindness. I offered to do an educational
inservice for them and they accepted. I have never done an educational
session for hospital staff before, only for children. Have any of you done
one of these before? Would you recommend I give hand-outs about blindness to
these workers? Anything particular I should make sure and talk about? Any
tips would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Ronit