[Nfbc-info] sfv chapter holiday party invitation

Racquel Decipeda racquelmd29 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:58:09 UTC 2012

Hello,

The San Fernando Valley chapter of NFBC would love for you to come and join
us at our holiday party. Everyone is invited. If you happen to be in town,
please join us on Saturday, December 8, 2012.

Where: Barone's Famous Italian Restaurant

13726 Oxnard St., Van Nuys, CA 91401 (Cross Street is Woodman Ave)

When: Saturday, December 8 from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm

Due to the large number of people coming, the restaurant has narrowed down
the menu choices to four: chicken parmesan, chicken Milanese, eggplant
parmesan and beef lasagna. The cost is $25 per person which includes your
soft drink, taxes and service gratuity. MUST BRING CASH ONLY PLEASE. To
RSVP, please contact Joy Stigile at 818-883-6621 or at joystigile at gmail.com.

We are also embarking on a special project this Christmas. The SFV chapter
has decided to adopt a child this year for the holidays. Many of us felt
that we have been very fortunate in our lives and fortunate to belong to an
organization like the National Federation of the Blind. We want to share our
blessings and we thought that there is no better way to do that than to
share it with another blind child in our community. We are adopting Hizela
Martinez and her family. Hizela is a 6 year old little girl who is blind
from Congenital Lebers Amaurosis. She lives with her mom Reyna, and her 2
younger siblings (sister Daniela 2 years, brother Jacob 5 months) in Van
Nuys.  She currently goes to school at Francis Blend Elementary School in
Los Angeles.  She loves singing, music and enjoys going for walks or
exploring at the park. Hizela is a client of the Therapeutic Living Centers
for the Blind, a nonprofit organization based in Reseda CA, providing
services to the families and children blind and with developmental
disabilities. Our chapter had established a real good relationship with TLC
two years ago and has worked together several times. TLC had graciously
provided our chapter with a venue for our workshops and seminars: Crime
Prevention Seminar, Take the World, Work Incentive Seminar and many more. We
continue to work with them on projects and now we decided to adopt a child.
If you want to join us in sharing blessings with this girl and her family,
please email me off list and I can share with you the wish list of gifts we
have.

We are promising lots of fun! I believe there will be a special appearance
by Santa Claus. Ho-Ho-Ho! This event might also be covered by the Daily
News. Apparently, Hizela had been featured before in the Daily News and they
are discussing a follow up story. We will find out confirmation on that in
the next few days.

Again, to RSVP, please contact Joy Stigile: 818-883-6621 or
joystigile at gmail.com.  .

We hope to see you! Happy Holidays to all!

Racquel Decipeda,

SFV Chapter Secretary

818-457-9449

Racquel Decipeda