[Nfbc-info] nfb sfv chapter news

Racquel Decipeda racquelmd29 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:31:42 UTC 2012

The National Federation of the Blind San Fernando Valley Chapter kicked off
the summer this year by sending eight of its members to Dallas, Texas to
attend the national convention. We also had a successful outing to the San
Antonio Winery on June 23rd. Thank you very much to all the 19 chapter
members that joined us, plus six special friends of the chapter. Everyone
enjoyed good food, good company and good wine.

The Sports and activities committee is hosting the 2nd annual Deep Sea
Fishing Charter on Saturday, August 18, 2012. We will be fishing out of
beautiful Marina Del Rey. The boat departs the harbor at 12:30 pm and
returns approximately at 5:30. You can even obtain   a free California
fishing license by following this link:
<http://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=35052> Print Reduced-Fee
Sport Fishing License Application (PDF) Basic fishing techniques and
equipment may be made available on a first come first served basis. For
details call Gordon Chan at 909-576-2934 or Racquel Decipeda at
8818-457-9449. We warmly look forward to having you and your friends or
family join us for this unique opportunity to enjoy a great day on the
water. The person or team with the biggest fish will have bragging rights
and the honor of wearing the jackpot hat!

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 10 am to 12 noon

We are having our monthly chapter meeting.

18425 Burbank Blvd., suite 706 (CPS conference room) Tarzana, CA 91356

The group typically go to lunch at a nearby eating place and come back to
the center for Tech Talk meeting. You are all welcome to join us. To RSVP
for the meeting, simply email back here or call 818-457-9449.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 2:00 to 4:00 pm

Tech Talk

18425 Burbank Blvd., suite 706 (CPS conference room) Tarzana, CA 91356

In July our guest speaker will be RJ De Rama, owner of VOVillage.com, a new
technology training company focusing on providing blind and visually
impaired persons with the best training to use Apple's iOS and OS X
platforms. RJ will discuss and demonstrate the latest built-in accessibility
features of Apple's Mac computers and IOS devices. Whether you're
considering making the switch from PC to the Mac or are just curious, you'll
find this presentation to be quite informative.

Racquel Decipeda

Alternate Email: racquelmd29 at gmail.com or nfbevents at gmail.com

Alternate Phone: 818-457-1482