[Nfbc-info] The River City Chapter Meeting

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 3 20:41:15 UTC 2012

Hello All:
Yesterday, September 1, 2012, I had the pleasure of attending the River City
Chapter meeting.  The meetings are always held on the first Saturday of each
month at the Capitol Building in Sacramento.  It is such a thrill to walk
the halls of our lawmakers.  I know being President of our affiliate means
walking in the footsteps of great and brave people like Muzzy Marcelino,
Jerry Drake, Pinky Johnson and of course Dr. Newell Perry and Dr. Jacobous
tenBroek.  When I think of all the people who have been there before me I
realize what an honor and commitment it is to serve as president of the
National Federation of the Blind of California.

During my visit to Sacramento, I had the opportunity to visit a couple of
hotel sites to consider for our annual state convention next year.  If you
have any suggestions, please let me know.

President, Tiffany Manosh presented an informative agenda loaded with
upcoming events and opportunities for members of the River City Chapter.
The chapter has been so successful this year with fundraising events that
six people will benefit with grants to attend the 2012 NFB of California
convention in Los Angeles.

If you are a member of the River City Chapter, contact Tiffany to apply for
a grant.
 (916) 202-3486

Please contact me to schedule my visit at any other chapter meetings.  It is
always a priviledge to share our experience, strength and hope with new
people throughout the state.

Join me next Saturday, September 8 at the San Joquin Chapter pasta feed.
Contact President Ken Volonte for more information.
(209) 464-6766

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net